My name is Barbara C. White. I am a Psychotherapist who offers counseling services to individuals. Below is some information about me and my practice that may be helpful before you call or come in for an appointment.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who has been in private practice since 1999.
My style is a conversational talk therapy. I do my best work when I can listen a lot. The more I listen, the more able I am to identify themes and patterns that may arise in your life. Sometimes these patterns are beneficial, other times these patterns can block growth and change. I work closely with you to identify and strengthen what is working well. I always consider you to be the expert on yourself and frequently check in to be sure I am understanding and hearing you correctly. Using my listening skills, I am often able to hear ideas and thoughts that arise from your unconscious thought processes that may be affecting your day to day experience. I use my intuition and humor to keep the sessions flowing.
I love my work and have an endless curiosity about people’s lives. I like to switch back and forth from the big picture, to find what guides you in your life, to the small picture, to find what guides you through the day. I suggest practical solutions that may ease your way through the daily challenges life offers.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology 1981 – Kalamazoo College in Michigan
- Master’s degree in Social Work 1996 – the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
- Other training includes a two-year program on Psychosynthesis, the integration of science and spirituality to the exploration of the self.
Prior to meeting with you in person, I will talk with you over the telephone to answer any questions you may have and to give you specific information about your appointment.
- Appointments are on Monday and Tuesday. My latest appointment starts at 5 PM.
- Covid-19: I provide in-person appointments if you are fully vaccinated.
- GHC: If you have GHC insurance, please keep in mind I have limited ability to add new clients.
Contact me by voice 608.212.3491 or use my contact form.